geometry workshop

---------

From: Rick (rlarson_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 05 2001 - 13:27:16 PDT

Hi All, I went to a workshop on sacred geometry this weekend. It was
very neat. I realized some things, that I'm sure alot of you already
know, but I thought I'd pass them along anyway. The fibonacci sequence,
which is evident in certain things in nature (As Joseph pointed out)
ie: nautilus shell, can be made by using a sequential series of circles
and squares. I made a nautilus design, starting with a square and
dividing the square. Anyway,
I also learned that the free masons are aware of these basic principles
and the builders of the cathedrals in Europe were as well. I
recognized, when done with the process, that Mondrian has a painting
that is based on these principles ( and the design)as well as the logo
for Frank Lloyde Wright. Anyway, wanted to share this- I also see now
why
Da Vinci did that drawing of the man in the circle/square. Very
interesting subject for me.
Anybody else have other info on this?
Betsy

---