From Sharon H & Maggie's NAEA challange

---------

From: Sharon Henneborn (heneborn_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 05 2001 - 13:01:20 PDT

I have been wanting to write an update and thank you all for your kind
notes. So many of you wrote me welcome good wishes. I tried to
respond to each one but I couldn't keep up with responses. I really
appreciated all the messages and hope you will forgive me if I didn't
send you a personal response.

I am still in daily rehab. I am making good progress. Memory and
word retrieval are still a big problem. Sequencing is getting easier.
Still have not been cleared to drive! I just finished a work trial by
being a few days with my friend and master teacher and the art camp we
have run together for the last few years. It was great to try my
skills again. I did OK as long as I had my friend to give me prompts.
Energy is still a problem.

I am looking forward to a vacation in San Francisco. I have not been
cleared to go back to work. The original estimation was to return to
work sometimes in 2002. I will be teaching some projects at the rehab
center. Need to keep my hands in.

I enjoy keeping up with the list. Keeps me thinking about teaching art
and reviewing what needs to be relocated in the brain.

It has taken me over 2 hours to write this so you understand why I
have not written often.

Maggie, Sorry there won't be a NAEA proposal from me this year. I
have an idea but it will have to wait for next year. I hope all of
yours are selected.