Re: pull 'em into the classroom....

---------

gregjuli_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Sun Aug 05 2001 - 11:52:16 PDT

HI
I think it is absolutley great that a staff appreciates school art, but do
they understand the process? Do they know about the elements and principles
of design? Do they know what went in to that assignment? IF they do I am
thrilled- really. I'd love to see that happening at all schools.
One way or another inform or teach others. Spread the joy of art. Pull them
in to the art room ( like Bunki said) or do informative displays.
When I had the kids do portraits of the staff and sell them to the staff
members , that created much excitement. But I know it isn't enough and the
challenge ( to inform) will continue this year and many more.
MaryB

cemy@att.net wrote:

> I have no problem with recognition of the quality and
> quantiy of my students art production. But my
> administrators have no clue about the art history we
> deal with, or the aesthetics or the criticism because
> they never come to visit.

---