Lascaux site

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 05 2001 - 08:31:47 PDT

I guess this is something everyone would be interested in....

My kiddies were in total AWE when they were on this site
http://www.culture.fr/culture/arcnat/lascaux/en/

..THEY are the ones who taught me what an Internet lesson should be
like....I "threw out" the assignment--and just let them explore. THEN
they told me what they learned the next day.... It was so much fun!
Many went home and explored some more (isn't that what it is all
about?)

I still wrote a few "Internet Lessons" after that --- but graded by
observation when the students were studying the sites more than on
what they wrote from then on.

I learn from my students all the time. These were 6th grade students.
Now I just use the Internet to "hook" .. Yes here is an
"assignment" -- students kind of grade themselves on this.

Sensational Sunday!

Judy Decker

---