Re: Sub Problem/ suming up the sub problem

---------

From: Sharon Henneborn (heneborn_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Aug 04 2001 - 20:26:11 PDT

> But then it's
> too much work to be out of the classroom. Preparing for the sub and
> maybe straightening out the damage afterwards.
> Woody in KC

This sums it up!

Actually I have been very lucky for the past few years. We have had a
sub available who is so good that she comes in in August to pick up
copies of all the schedules and class lists. She is so good that she
has been passed over for employment for over 10 years. Finally she
passed the word that she was going to apply to the next door school
district so they offered her her choice of school and grade level for
this coming year.

She is my good friend and she comes in September to help me set up and
June to help me put my room to bed for the summer. She has volunteered
to work on the yearbook with me for the past few years. She is so
good that I was able to teach her over the phone how to do an Origami
lesson! She took over for me when I fell and finished the year for me
using my lesson plans which she is familiar with. (Finished the
yearbook which was 1/2 done when I fell.) Took away the worry from me
when I was in the Brain Trauma Unit.

All the teachers at my school are glad for her position but we don't
know how we are going to do without her as a reliable sub. She
spoiled us!

---