Re: Sub Problem

---------

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Aug 04 2001 - 17:55:28 PDT

Nnaell@aol.com wrote:

> We also have a permenant sub...but the perm. sub we had last
> year did not like subbing for art

We have about 1500 teachers in the district. We try to keep two subs each
under contract (permanent) in art, music and pe. They are assigned to their
fields whenever possible. They are on full salary. I began as a contract sub
in art, 25 years ago.

> We raised sub pay to $100 a day...but still have problems getting subs.

We paid regular subs $94 per day last year. They do pay us to cover classes
on our plan time so it is cheaper to hire a sub than pay 7 teachers to cover.

> have about 700 teachers in our district....so on any given day.....and on
> days were people go out for professional workshops...good grief!

> The sub thing is a problem everywhere!!!

I wish I knew a solution here other than never being gone. But then it's
too much work to be out of the classroom. Preparing for the sub and
maybe straightening out the damage afterwards.
                                                                                Woody in KC

--
                       To respond to me privately via E-mail
                           click on  mailto:wduncan@kc.rr.com