Aboriginal Art influence - Ron Steven's art

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Aug 04 2001 - 10:40:26 PDT

I always like to show my students artists who work the way I am
teaching them... When I teach Aboriginal art (or any cultural), I like
to show students that other artists are also inspired by Aboriginal
art. We do not copy the Aboriginal symbols/motifs to show respect for
their stories and beliefs -- but we do borrow technique in much the
same way this artist has - Ron G. Stevens:
http://www.rogest.com
http://www.rogest.com/gallery.htm
I think it was Maggie who posted the site originally?

Anyway... I liked his "stuff" and e-mailed him....had fun "talking"
via e-mail and ordered the small prints. I finally picked them up at
the post office today (he is probably wondering why I haven' e-mailed
him sooner -- our doorbell doesn't work... I guess the postal workers
are too kind to bang on the door and walk in and holler like our
friends do-- tee-hee -- we hang out in our basement family room).

The small set of prints contain some of my favorite images from his
site!
Barramundi fish - Giant Trigger fish -- Rainbow Turtle and Octopus

E-mail him if you are interested...He might be off diving somewhere
now, though.

Judy

P.S. for Ron -- I am sending this to you so you know they did arrive
and they are beautiful! By the way -- I was right --The GE does stand
for George. You have it on the French page. I hope you get some more
sales from this post --- you never know.

---