Re: Artist of the Week

---------

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Aug 04 2001 - 10:35:23 PDT

Thanks for the encouragement, Mary. I've been slipping in artists for
each unit all these years anyway, and just decided to make it a bit more
formal by incorporating some readin' and writin' (I'm an advocate of
blurring some of the boundaries between the four Rs). Usually when I
introduce a new unit, I show a lot of artists working in the same style
or medium. It's hard choosing which ONE out of the pack! I like your
idea of continuing to intro more artists during each unit.

Maggie

gregjuli@execpc.com wrote:

> Maggie,
> I do an Artist of the Week but keep it extremely simple. If I didn't keep it
> simple, you are right I know I wouldn't keep up with it, especially since our
> classes are currently 6 weeks long. The majority of my lessons have an artists
> introduced in the beginning, but the Artist of the Week introduces them to another
> artist and adds to their awareness of other artists and their work. For the final
> quiz they have to identify one of the paintings and artist. They don't know which
> one I will choose , so they have to pay attention to the ones I put up on display
> each week. It is my way on squeezing in more info. in that short time period.
> MaryB

---