Re: Job openings - near Boston, MA!

---------

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Aug 04 2001 - 08:20:32 PDT

> Are these Boston requirements for real ?

> I SENT this email...yes, they are for real and in Mass, some subs gets $50
> per day, not $75.

> Your point...?

MY POINT ?????????

You have to be kidding. The most important reform/factor in the quality of
a child's education is having a certified, qualified, and passionate
teacher in
the classroom. This is all about our children's education and the future
of
the world, no less. My point is simple. If you want quality, you have to demand
it. What kind of sub do you get if all you require is one college course in
whatever ?

When I take a day off or a few for a conference or something I try to make
sure I have a quality person lined up to fill in. Do they know something about
art, are they good with kids, will they maintain control, etc. ?????

My point is that I give a damn, Woody in KC

--
                       To respond to me privately via E-mail
                           click on  mailto:wduncan@kc.rr.com