Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: Plaster of Paris

From: Susan Holland (Susan_Holland_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Aug 03 2001 - 16:21:57 PDT

I've got ideas for both your supplies. I used plaster for subtractive
sculpture as a sixth grade project during my student teaching. It was
plaster/vermiculite mix that stays soft for carving and will dry hard once
finished. I got the lesson from a member, Sharon, with a web site - here
My students used non-hardening modeling clay in the planning stages before they
carved. I had them try sketching out their ideas showing front, back and side
views (which was tough on their brains)then I had them model their sculpture