Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: Plaster of Paris

From: MaryAnn Kohl (maryann_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Aug 03 2001 - 16:03:24 PDT said on 8/3/01 2:43 PM :

> Does anyone have any good projects using Plaster of Paris? I'm starting
> in Middle School this year and while I was sorting through my room, I
> found a whole lot of it. I'd love to use it and was wondering if anyone
> had any good lessons.

Can you get a copy of Mudowrks (book)? There is an entire chapter on plaster
of Paris. I like filling a milk container with p of P, and when dry, carving
it with a spoon. Also, a good hint is to mix it in an old playground ball
cut in half. Then the leftover dry plaster pops right out.

  ~ MaryAnn F. Kohl ~