Watercolor artists - Check this art!

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Aug 03 2001 - 14:36:19 PDT

A teacher in Texas sent me the following site:

> Have you heard of the art prodigy , Amanda Dunbar? She is
> speaking out against school violence. Her website is
> www.amandadunbar.com

This is what she says about her work:
"Many of the children want to be painted." "They have a story to tell,
a feeling to get across and a gentility to be noted. If one person
understands the message or decides to spend time with their children
or family, my work has been successful. The paintings are always about
peace, innocence, and gentle times."
Back to me...she is/was 17. I don't know how old she is now (I didn't
read that far)....but she can certainly be an inspiration to all of
us. A few of her flowers reminded me of Woody's....and her paintings
of children are really special. Amanda has me on he side in her
"mission".

Judy Decker

P.S. for Donna Clark -- I didn't want you to miss this post to the
list so I am sending you a cc....Check this gal's stuff out.
Also..Discovery Channel (not PBS) has the video we talked about
Wednesday....they have the picture in the catalog -- your depiction is
accurate (except for the hair).

---