Aesthetic issues-- copyright issues -- intellectual material

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Aug 03 2001 - 14:19:52 PDT

This might be a fun thing to approach with students.... I got a
request to add this link to my site:
http://home.wanadoo.nl/vincentvangogh/
Here is an artist who is copying Vincent's works and selling them. We
have discussed "intellectual material" before on this list....Give
kids a chance to discuss this.....Is it art? I know Vincent's work
isn't copyrighted....but this might get the kids talking about the
same topics we discussed.

I did tell the individual I would post his site to mine---but not on
the school server (the page he listed is a student created page
anyway). I will post it to the WCOIL site at my next updates. I do not
post commercial sites -- but will use this for education.

Judy Decker
> Nice site you have.
> http://elms.elida.k12.oh.us/~jdecker/vangogh.htm#Links
> Hello,
> We love the art of Vincent van Gogh and we have created an
> International Website about it. His art, technics, special his Paris
> period.
> Title: Vincent van Gogh Paintings Project. Van Gogh Art in Paris.

---