Re: Micrsoft Office

---------

From: craig roland (rolandc_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Aug 03 2001 - 13:39:21 PDT

>I can't stop chuckling and am looking forward to sending this of to all my
>friends.
>
>I am a Mac person and used Claris Works for years. Don't know what possessed
>me but I switched to MicroSoft Office a couple of years ago and it's been
>nothing but problems ever since. I'm convinced that various components of
>the software are preset to self destruct. And apparently Office doesn't like
>my printer because it is not USB.
>
>Needless to say, I'm thinking of upgrading to Office for Mac 2000. Anybody
>using it ? Will I be sorry?
>
>Patty

I purchased Word 2001 for the Mac separately (its a part of the
Office for Mac 2001 package). When you install it, you get tons of
extra software and stuff on the hard drive which is a part of the
Office 2001 package and that is not necessary to use Word alone. The
Office package includes addtional software like Powerpoint, so if you
use it and Word its probably better to buy the whole deal.

The only warning I might give here is that using Microsoft products
is one of the few ways that viruses and worms intended for PCs can
infect a Mac.

Craig

CRAIG ROLAND Associate Professor of Art Education
School of Art and Art History - University of Florida
PO Box 115801, Gainesville Florida 32611-5801
Art Ed Office: 352.392.9165 Fax: 352-392-8453
homepage: http://grove.ufll.edu/~rolandc/homepage.html
visit the @rt room at: http://www.arts.ufl.edu/art/rt_room/

---