Re: Car Design

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Aug 03 2001 - 11:23:35 PDT

Thanks for sharing this site! What a great concept of hooking some of those
relucant middle school boys (yes, I know that is stereotyping, but they seem
to LOVE cars - my own son included!). All this discussion about cars reminds
me of my trip to Atlanta last fall. There was an art show in the park and a
contest was going on. There were all these cars that the owners had
modified. One truck was covered in toys. One car had roads, highways and
towns painted all over it and HotWheels cars were glued to the roads. One
car was entirely covered in jewels. They were fascinating! I have a 71 Chevy
pickup in the drive that I'm going to cover with something someday - maybe
all those CD's I've acquired through the mail! :-) This idea could be a
cross between the cows/pigs/fish/Wood/etc/etc exhibits and the car
idea............. Hmmm, gonna have to think on how to turn this into a
lesson. Maybe paper machete?
~Michal

                          Springboard: Lesson -- "The Changing
> Face of the Automobile"