bulletin boards

---------

From: Jeryl W. Hollingworth (holl5_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Aug 02 2001 - 20:00:28 PDT

It's closer than you think! We started Aug.1 and our students come on
Aug. 7! We don't have any boards in the hallways to deal with but long
cork strips for hanging. For the first week (and especially open house)
I put big banners in the halls around my room that say things like
"Artists Needed-Apply in Room 157" "Artwork Neeeded" "Space Available"
   This year I am doing one wall display with one page info sheets on
the table artists I'll be using this year. A 9x12 sign hangs above each
table with the artist's name on one side and an example of their artwork
on the other. Also the artist's name is on the supply caddy at each
table. When I call the kids to line up, I'll say Jacob Lawrence's table
or Degas table. I change the artists each year. This year I'm using the
artists you all helped me to think of earlier in the year that have to
do with our school's sports theme.
             Jeryl

---