Rubrics

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Aug 02 2001 - 07:46:17 PDT

Thank you Mr. Osborne for posting your rubric again-- very thorough!

>I utilize a point system....
>Check out one of my rubrics at:
>http://www.erhstv.com/rubric_8.htm

One year I tried to make detailed rubrics like this for every unit (a
description of what the project would look like for each level on my
rubric). I just couldn't get good at it. I was spending hours just
trying to create one rubric (even had the students create one with
me -- they had input). I do my own rubrics on a scale of ten-- easy to
translate into percentage points. I have one self assessment (a
general one that I make work for all projects for eighth graders) that
I have the kids mark letter grade (easier for them to understand) and
I translate it into points for my grade book. I will be revising that
form and will post to the list the changes (I already sent it to many
folks).

I have some rubrics online:
http://www2.wcoil.com/~mdecker/yearplan.htm

The tables didn't translate right to the html format. If you are
interested in any of them-- send a personal request and I will shoot
the Word file your way.

I had several links that I sent to another list member (please post
them if you are reading-- I lost that file when we were hacked.) This
is the only one I had bookmarked:
http://www.odyssey.on.ca/~elaine.coxon/rubrics.htm

Hope this helps,

Judy Decker