What causes Low-Ability in Drawing?

---------

From: Chris (christopherness_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Aug 02 2001 - 19:06:21 PDT

Hi
We've already talked extensively about the natural or environmental
effects on "art ability", but I wanted to get your opinions on the actual
incapacities which inhibit a student from drawing well.
For example, would you say it's Eye/Hand Coordination or Lack of Patience?
What else?

What are some suggestions for helping students whose ability is low (other
than pep talks about the value of practice)?
 Chris in Chicagoland

---