Re: popcorn shading, edible art

---------

From: Deb Mortl (dmortl_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Aug 02 2001 - 16:37:53 PDT

One of the intro drawing things I do with my Freshman is have them draw a
knotted prtzel from memory, then I hand out bags of pretzels and have them
draw one while looking at it. They are always amazed at how much better the
drawing is when they actually LOOK AT DETAILS! THen they know how I can
tell if they were drawing from observation in their sketchbooks. It's fun,
and a nice snack...