Re: Using magazine pictures as a resources thumbs up or thumbs down ??

---------

lin_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Thu Aug 02 2001 - 14:01:23 PDT

What age are you referring to? I can understand if you're talking about high
school, but not elementary.

Lin

From: Amenay2@aol.com
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2001 07:30:32 EDT
To: "ArtsEdNet Talk" <artsednet@lists.getty.edu>
Subject: Re: Using magazine pictures as a resources thumbs up or thumbs down
??

Basically...thumbs down. It becomes too much of a crutch to avoid drawing
from life and can lead to copy right violation. Plus the image is 2D and
loses some of the depth esp in the shadows which the artist must then
interpret.

---