Re: Floor plan - online lessons

---------

From: pgstephens (pgstephens_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Aug 02 2001 - 09:18:45 PDT

Good idea, Judy. It's rather silly of us to expect custodians to know
everyone's preferred furniture arrangement.

This might also be a good opportunity at the end of the year to have a
lesson on floor plans. Let the kids design the artroom layout then
select the most useable one for implementation the following year.

On another note. I just found out that our school (which has been
undergoing renovation and remodeling since last fall) was broken into
during July. Seems that workmen left the sixth-grade wing unlocked and
the alarm turned off. Of course some kids discovered this and took
advantage of the situation not one time, not two times, not three times,
but four! This all happened during the few weeks that administration
was on vacation and only workmen were on campus. They vandalized the
rooms of less popular teachers, hid some computers in boxes in the gym
(planned to return again to retrieve them), and then GET THIS, wrote
notes on a popular teacher's chalkboard and SIGNED THEM! Talk about
dumb and dumber. Little did they know that the evening they returned
for the computers that the alarm had been activated. All were caught.
I am curious what charges will be brought. The fine arts wing was not
touched. Lucky for us!

Pam

Judy Decker wrote:

How about giving the head
> custodian a floor plan when your leave in the spring? That way they
> will be more inclined to put everything back as you left it.

---