Re: Telephone in room?

---------

PrimaryE_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Thu Aug 02 2001 - 09:20:33 PDT

In a message dated 8/1/2001 7:21:30 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Rdunkelart@aol.com writes:

> << Do most teachers have telephones in their classrooms??? >>
>
> No - the art room does not - nor do I have an intercom I can us!!! I use
> tele-a-student!!! I am elementary but due to my room location my intercom
> only reaches middle-school so I have to tele-a-student and send them to the
> office. LOL Roberta

Roberta....I think that your situation may only pertain to elementary
schools. It's important in case of fights or emergencies to be able to reach
the assistant principals immediately. Last year, as the bell was about to
ring I noticed that one of the scratch points, shaped like a long needle,
was missing. Two assistant principals searched the kids bookbags. Then we
noticed that someone, during the whole later process, put the knife by the
sink. I work in a safe school but sometimes we need assistance immediately.
Actually, I like having a working intercom for safety reasons in case a kid
might get hurt. It makes me feel better. How many of you teachers don't
have intercoms in your rooms? Eileen

---