Re: First day back...and a question for you

---------

From: Larry Seiler (lseiler_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Aug 02 2001 - 07:26:29 PDT

We have what is called, "Quick mail" and is a networked system of
communication between teachers and admin on computer, (we all have iMacs
sitting on each of our room desks), and is much like email.

As for grades, our software is called "E-grades"...and the nice thing is, if
you have a PC at home, you can take a shareware copy of floppies and upload
at home, thus enabling you to work on grades at home. Then download results
to a floppy, and upload at school. iMacs will take stuff done on pc's, but
not vice versa.

The intention is to eventually make stuff available on the internet where
parents can check to see how their students are doing as each quarter
progresses.
The future is here....
...and, yes, a phone in each of our rooms...only, we had to go out and
purchase our own phones.

Larry

---