Re: Question on Grades and Rubrics

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Aug 02 2001 - 06:52:32 PDT

I go with total points. I have to keep it VERY simple, and the kids understand how to figure if their grade is correct - they LOVE catching my errors! *L*
~Michal

    I have been trying to figure a new and better way of evaluating my students this coming year and have been reading a lot of everyone's messages from the past couple of monthes on rubrics. I was wondering how you applied these rubrics to calculate your student's grade. Is it done by points, numerical grades (95,85,75,etc.) or letter grades? I am leaning toward a point systems and if any of you have any pointers, (forgive the pun) I would appreciate it.

---