Lessons connecting to "religion"

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Aug 01 2001 - 22:23:50 PDT

This connection to religion was more popular than I thought -- and
with some folks who do not teach in private schools. Maybe folks could
post ideas to the list (this is in reference to my "Sun in Art" post)

Renee Berg will eventually put some ideas up on her site...I will,
too, on my WCOIL site....Maybe we Art Folks can "save the world" after
all...Well...we might as well dream big! Somehow we've got to get
these kiddies to behave (smile).

This was from Renee (the rest of her message was more personal):

> Judy, I've taught art in a Christian school for 2 years, besides the
> 14 years in Public. If that person needs some ideas, I would love >
to share some lessons, if you have their e-mail. I will be creating a
> Christian school lesson plan page also on my website in the future.

This from Sharon:

> Judy, This is a way cool idea! With a little alteration I could
use
> it in the public school. As long as I had a wide variety I could
> handle it. As long as I stick to the old testament and include some
> ancient stuff like the Egyptian art I could treat it delicately and
> get by with it!

My post was for Donna Clark who is just returning to teaching after
begin away for about 20 years..... Please post ideas you have done --
including ideas you have done in Public schools that help kids learn
the GOOD in all people....the GOOD in what all people believe.
I joked with Donna today that I was "stocking up on the Lord's work"
because I may be too busy during the school year to help him out....So
please all pardon my "goofiness" this summer....

Thankful Thursday already!

Judy Decker

---