Re: First day back...and a question for you

---------

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Aug 01 2001 - 22:05:19 PDT

> We have telephones in our rooms but they do not call out. They are just to
> call the office, library, etc. Mostly it's for the counselors to ring me in
> the middle of a lecture to say, "Mrs. Sheffey, may I please see Jennifer?" Do
> you many of you have this problem of being constantly interrupted because the
> counselors think that it is ok to take them out of art (they wont miss
> anything important) or is it just me? I have been known to take the phone off
> the hook.

I have a phone in my office, as my predecessor was the AD. It should
come in handy in an emergency, but just try getting any of the office
staff to answer!

If I'm in the middle of a lecture or demo, I don't answer it. I figure
if it's important, they'll call back or leave a message on the voice
mail.

Maggie

---