Rubrics

---------

From: The Osbornes (gosborne_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Aug 01 2001 - 22:01:07 PDT

>>rubrics to calculate your student's grade. Is it done by points, numerical grades (95,85,75,etc.) or letter grades?<<

I utilize a point system....
Check out one of my rubrics at:

http://www.erhstv.com/rubric_8.htm

Essentially, I will not flunk anyone if they do the assignment...It may not be the best in the world, but at least they gave it an effort..but, don't do it..get the '0'

All the kids know what I expect, and the rubric (with my review prior to "each" assignment) really spells it out for them...
I also have the kids self grade themselves prior to me grading them, they are VERY honest when it comes to that....

Regards,
G.Osborne
admin@erhstv.com
www.erhstv.com