First day back...and a question for you

---------

From: croberts (croberts_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Aug 01 2001 - 14:06:59 PDT

Well...today was the first day back for teachers...first half of the day spent in a county-wide meeting...what a waste of time.

Then this afternoon, we had a school meeting, so we had very little time in our classrooms. Boy, have I learned a lesson. Last year at the end of school, I rearranged my classroom and cleaned it up...ready for the first of school...so I wouldn't have much to do here at the beginning. Well...forget that! After the custodians moved everything to do the floors, it looks worse that it did before I even started. They did not even put the tables back where I had them...now I've got to do the heavy work all over again...

But...found out, we will all have telephones in our classroom...see we were really behind in the times...even though we're up-to-date in computer technology. I know so many of you do already have phones and probably have had for a while. But it is finally happening to us and we're excited about it.

Also...we're going to a "paper-less system"...ha! Everything will come to us by email...announcements, messages, etc.

After the meeting, I went to the office and asked for my plan book and grade book. We have already been doing grades using Integrade...I know...don't tell me how antiquated this program is...but it works with our SIMS program, so we're stuck with it...at least until the put Integrade on a Windows program. But I still like to have a hard copy of my grades in a book...that I can carry around in the classroom and write grades down in it.

 Well...when I asked for the books, they said they didn't order them...that everything would be done on the computer.

So...what programs are you using for lesson plans using the computer...anybody already have something in place they could share...and I'm not talking about individual plans...something for long-range plans...weekly plans, etc.

Carolyn Roberts
Kinston High School
Kinston, NC
croberts@coastalnet.com