Re: computers

---------

From: Wendy (wendy570_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Aug 01 2001 - 14:32:21 PDT

I taught a very basic graphics course to 7th graders
using the ClarisWorks Drawing program. Students
learned how to use the program through a series of
progressively more sophisticated projects:

Before beginning a more creative project, students
were required to demonstrate their ability to use the
various tools.

Students designed "dream houses" and/or self-portraits
in which they were required to use each of the tools
(line, rectangle, circle tool, color palette, line
thickness palette, etc.)

Using the libraries, students created "fruit faces".
In this project they were not allowed to use the
various geometric tools that they used in the above
project. They were required to use clip art from the
libraries-they had to change the sizes, ungroup the
images (take the images apart and use only pieces),
and change the colors of the clip art which gave them
many many options.

Let me know if you would like more details.
Wendy