Re: first year

---------

From: artappeal (artappeal_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Aug 01 2001 - 13:58:00 PDT

----- Original Message -----
From: "suzy swingle" <suzyswingle@yahoo.com>
To: "ArtsEdNet Talk" <artsednet@lists.getty.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, August 01, 2001 3:14 AM
Subject: first year

> i am not required to teach the fulltime teacher's
> lessons at either school. i was thinking it might be easier to do this. .
.

Dear Suzy,

Good luck, and congratulations on your first job. I'll bet you're excited.
All the teachers I know who have to go to different schools, including the
one who comes to mine, teach their own lessons. I believe it's because of
the reasons you describe, plus, it's too hard to get together with the
"home" teachers to find out what they are doing. My colleague does share
her lessons (she's more experienced) and I share mine, but we don't
necessarily do it at the same time, or at all. Since you're new, you can
get some great ideas from what the other teachers are doing, and vice versa.
The kids don't seem to notice or mind. Not saying this way is right, it's
just the way I've seen it done.

For What It's Worth,
Leah

---