Re: first year

---------

From: Joe Cox (bjcoxteachart_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Aug 01 2001 - 10:46:07 PDT

Relax and enjoy yourself.

Joe in OKC

----- Original Message -----
From: suzy swingle
Sent: Wednesday, August 01, 2001 2:51 AM
To: ArtsEdNet Talk
Subject: first year

hi,

i am about to begin my first year teaching art. i have
taken a split position at 2 different elementary
schools. students in this district are on a 3-day
rotation with art, music and p.e. when a school's
population exceeds what 1 art/music/p.e. teacher can
handle, the district assigns a new teacher to work
parttime at the school. that parttime person is then
paired with another school that also needs a parttime
teacher. i will be working 2 days at one school and
the 3rd day at another school.

i am not required to teach the fulltime teacher's
lessons at either school. i was thinking it might be
easier to do this, but that would mean i have to do 2
sets of examples, figure out how to teach both sets of
lessons, find time to get 2 different sets of supplies
ready for both schools, etc. it seems like a lot.

does anyone have any words of wisdom or advice. i know
this year is going to be challenging: i just don't
want it to be unbearable.

thanks