Re: Using magazine pictures as a resources thumbs up or thumbs down ??

---------

PrimaryE_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Wed Aug 01 2001 - 09:14:24 PDT

mwhiteaz@cybertrails.com writes:

> Mrsbeeswax@aol.com wrote:
> >
> > How do you all feel about using magazine pictures as a resource to
> draw
> > from ??

I teach high school art. What I tell the students is that they can draw
something that is a photograh but not someone else's artwork. I also clarify
this by not allowing photographs of artwork. There is always some character
or logo from TV, the movies or advertisements that they want to include. I
tell them they can't include a photograph of mickey mouse. Besides not being
legal, it is someone else's drawing.
Sorry I haven't contributed more lately but I'm writing my thesis and don't
have too much extra time but try to skim the articles.
Hope everyone is having a great summer. Eileen

---