Re: Using magazine pictures as a resources thumbs up or thumbs down ??

---------

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Aug 01 2001 - 07:35:12 PDT

Mrsbeeswax@aol.com wrote:

> How do you all feel about using magazine pictures as a resource to draw
> from ?? <snip>

Even professional artists use visual references, though often they are
photos they took themselves. I have the same sort of system you're
planning, and stress to the students they should work from more than one
source so they can see the object (usually an animal) from different
angles. Working from a single source, they tend to just copy the
picture.

> Do you think this is a good idea. I have heard people some teachers say kids
> should draw from life.

Will those people bring in an elephant for the students to draw? And,
more importantly, will they clean up after it???

Maggie

---