Re: Ability and Effort

---------

From: Larry Seiler (lseiler_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Aug 01 2001 - 07:21:48 PDT

>The evidence "Michelangelo was
>doing drawings at 6" might be explained if we knew he had
>encouraging, positive experiences with Art prior to that age.

I just thought as a side note, I'd mention an A&E tape I have which reported
Michaelangelo receiving severe beatings from his father when he said he
wanted to be an artist. Roughly from what I remember, about at 12 years of
age. Not being able to beat it out of him, his father made connections
necessary for him to apprentice and study.

Larry

---