Re: Handheld Devices - need advice

---------

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Aug 01 2001 - 04:04:26 PDT

Patty,
        To me "teacher observation" is the most valid type of assessment.
It falls into the category of "authentic assessment". I don't use a palm
but I've used a self made rubric for years before the term became vogue.
I mark down either: check +, check, check -, or zero on a xerox copy of
my photo seating chart. You can devise elaborate descriptions for each
level to keep your principle happy. Mine are very simple:
check + = WOW
check = Met Expectations
check - = Below Expectations
zero = Nothing or Absent
        I'm a big believer in the KISS rule of record keeping.
                        Keep It Simple Stupid, Woody in KC

Sorry, I'm not calling you stupid but I assume everyone understands that
there is no "check" symbol on my key board so to explain my method I
typed the word check. If you look at my grade book it is full of little check
marks.

--
                       To respond to me privately via E-mail
                           click on  mailto:wduncan@kc.rr.com