Bulletin boards

---------

From: Christi Fennell (cfennell1_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jul 31 2001 - 21:53:43 PDT

Hi everyone!

   At the beginning of the year, my boards show
everyone what they missed last year! I put up photos,
examples, lesson sheets and pix of the kids with their
artwork.
   I normally have one board that deals with Vocab.,
Value scales, Color wheel and some of the tools of the
trade.
   Another board or two will be filled with examples
of things that we did last year and things we will
complete this year. It gives them some comfort
knowing what the class is going to do. It also helps
them understand how I grade and what I will be looking
for in their projects.
   I also found that if I keep an "information only"
board in my room, it makes it easier for them to
locate important information. The bulletin, the
school newspaper, local newspaper articles, color
wheel, rules and expectations of the class, bell
schedules, etc. all go on this board. If they ever
have a question, they look on the info. board first,
then they ask me. Most of the time this works. I
have high school, 9-12, and they seem to like this
idea.
Christi