Re: Another web page question...to Betsy

---------

From: Bunki Kramer (bkramer_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jul 31 2001 - 14:44:50 PDT

Los Cerros Middle School
968 Blemer Road
Danville, CA 94526

>From: Rick <rlarson@tls.net>
> Thanks, Michal. I think I can upload them, but I was having trouble having
> them be too big and then trying to fenagle (sp?) them to a smaller size.
Right
> now my page has the text, with a box with a question mark for the image.
> Thanks again for your help and support. Betsy
********************

Hi, Betsy. I'm going to jump in here with a tip. When you scan your artwork,
keep it at 30% or under 50% with a 72 dpi (resolution). (My scanner defaults
at 150 dpi's so I have to change it everytime I scan for my webpage.) In
other words, don't scan you artwork at 100%. When you get ready to pop in
your images onto the webpage, you'll need less fananglin' to get them to a
smaller size. The lesson I learned is that you need to scan the pictures
smaller than normal size which helps the viewer be able to see the pictures
right away instead of waiting forever for them to finish downloading. If you
see my website, I didn't know about this and my first five or so pages move
slowly...like the pine needle basket page for example. Once I understood the
concept and changed the pic. sizes when SCANNING, the other pages would
appear faster. Once you get the knack of scanning and pic size, it becomes
easier. No one told me about this...I just had to figure it out by myself.
That's a slow way to learn, isn't it?!

You can check out my website at....

Toodles.....Bunki

---