Re: Handheld Devices - need advice

---------

From: Deb Mortl (dmortl_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jul 31 2001 - 12:01:06 PDT

That seems like a LOT of extra work! If you have to log all of your
students names, the amount of particiation for every student, every day, how
much memory would that take up on a palm pilot? I teach HS too, and for the
particiaption part of the grade I mainly base it on attendance - I assume
that if the student is in class, they are working. If they are NOT working,
we have a "one subject report" that gets sent to their homeroom teacher and
filed in the students folder, letting everyone know they are not doign what
is expected. Maybe you could just base particiaption on attendance and make
note only when a student is not working on what they are expected to be
doing. Luckily, our attendance is computerized so all I have to do is call
the office if I want a students attendance record. Good luck with your
quest!