Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: Another web page question

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jul 31 2001 - 11:34:56 PDT

Rick wrote:
> Thanks, Marie-Claude. This is the other place I'm having trouble.....
> I guess I need a course. Do I upload them onto photoshop and transfer to the
> page?

What to do:

1- I make a separate folder for each web page (on my computer)
2- Create your html page using Dreamweaver, Composer or some
        type of web page software.
3- Save it into the folder as (whatever.html)
4- Create your images with a digital camera, scanner or steal them
5- Edit your images with photo editing software like Photoshop
        (I use PhotoDeluxe) and save the image as a jpeg file (image1.jpg)
        save those images in the folder with your html page
        (Save images like gif/animations in the folder also)
6- Open your html page and create links to your images and save again
7- Use an FTP file transfer program to transfer everything in the file
        your web site on whatever server you are using. I'm on a Mac
        so I use fetch to transfer, upload, publish my pages and images.
8- You can upload them one at a time or all at once it's up to you

You never said what you were building your pages with, ie:
        Netscape's Composer, Front Page, etc.
I know a little about MS Front Page, I didn't like it. We are not allowed
to use it cause it created problems. But if you are using it, I think it
automatically keeps track of related images and publishes them with
your html page.
                                Hope this helps, Woody in KC

                       To respond to me privately via E-mail
                           click on