Re: Bulletin board ideas............

---------

From: sandra summers-barrick (tamayo_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jul 31 2001 - 08:43:31 PDT

How about art history. Take a famous painting and have one of the kids
photograph the others in their group in the same pose and costume. Have
several groups doing different poses.(I actually have a lesson on
Rockwell which I've posted in the past, based on this.) Then post the
photographs on the bulletin board and the passer bys have to guess the
artist and title, year blah blah. You could even have a prize or reward
(some easy task- like classroom helper, sticker (depends on age) or
tally right answers and certain amount gets something. The way they do
this is by having a guess box next to it and submit it. If this is just
for art class then change pictures weekly (instead of kids photographing
put actual pictures or art work up.) It's a good idea for older kids to
that might have to memorize slides for art history tests. Change the
theme by asking, "What art movement do these paintings have in common?"
etc.
Sandra (astroboy)

---