Bulletin board ideas............

---------

From: Bunki Kramer (bkramer_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jul 30 2001 - 18:05:40 PDT

Los Cerros Middle School
968 Blemer Road
Danville, CA 94526
>From: "Judy Decker" <jdecker@woh.rr.com>
(snip)....
> I would like to see folks post ideas you have to "grab" the kids from
> the start.
> Please post ideas you have to start the year (some of you are starting
> middle of August!).
******************

I think this is an EXCELLENT thread to start thinking about. I wish there
was a good place to display pictures from lots of us with examples of
bulletin board display work. Maybe ArtsEducators? I have a couple of display
photos I could share.

My personal favorites are interactive bullentin displays where people who
pass by and are interested can take a lesson (or materials) from a display
envelope and do the same lesson like those examples on the bulletin board.
For example....when we did the "eye" designs, I had a packet of dittoed eyes
and cover sheets so teachers/students could do the same lesson.

When we did shading with popcorn, I had little popcorn in a box next to the
display...explaining this wasn't edible popcorn...and little matboard pieces
they could glue the popcorn to (which was basically how our display work was
done) and make little popcorn still-lifes plus paper to draw it on. I found
that some of the teachers enjoyed doing the projects themselves.

Another display was putting up a solid light-color construction paper on the
bulletin board in the library with instructions on "what is non-objective
art?" with boxes of crayons nearby. In class we started the design and it
was put up unfinished with instructions for anyone passing by to add to the
design (but it had to be non-objective). Being in the library under the
eagle eye of the librarian proved to be an asset so no one used the coloring
opportunity inappropriately. It was geogeous when finished and was done by
alot of the student body and faculty.

Toodles....Bunki

---