Re: Computers

---------

From: Janice Keenan (jekteachme_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Aug 02 2001 - 09:58:35 PDT

 I found the following equipment and software great
for elementary, (of course, it depends on your
budget): scanner, digital camera, LCD panel,blank
discs (preferably zipdisks), graphic and presentation
software - clarisworks, photoshop, Kid Pix,
Hyperstudio, publishing programs - print shop and kid
works. There is plenty of CD's but my favorites are
the Lourve Museum and With Open Eyes-Images from the
Art Institute of Chicago. For ideas
www.primenet.com/~arted/index.html
http://members.aol.com/Mrs.Goudie/kidspix.html
http://www.lttechno.com/links/kidpix.html
are good sites.
Each year I have my kids do their self portraits with
the digital camera, download it to photoshop or any
paint program. With digital tracing paper they trace
themselves and use various colors/patterns to fill in
the areas. I save them and each year its fun for the
kids to see how their faces and artwork change. I got
the idea from a book called New Technologies in the
Artroom by Deborah Greh, written in 1999, so it's
still fairly current. It's a great book if your
relatively new to all this.
   Jan in Miami