HELP! Bulletin board ideas?

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jul 30 2001 - 17:05:18 PDT

Yikes...It is getting closer and closer....and closer....Jeannie just
reminded me about those bulletin boards we have to put up BEFORE we
have any artwork to show from the kiddies. I have four long ones in
the halls and two tall ones in our commons.

I would like to see folks post ideas you have to "grab" the kids from
the start. I know I will do at least one that shows how important ART
is in social studies -- in learning history. I will do one that shows
how important ART is in learning math...I put up art prints and put a
little blurb up that teaches something. I try to do the fonts big
enough so kids (and adults) can read what I wrote easily.
I would REALLY like to have a print of Bruegels "The Blue Cloak" --
shows at least 60 proverbs from the Renaissance (my eighth graders
begin Social Studies with the Renaissance).

Please post ideas you have to start the year (some of you are starting
middle of August!).

Thanks for your time (and ideas) I will come up front with you... I am
saving them to eventually post on my site (thanks Carolyn for letting
us know there was a need for that).

I will be searching the archives, too.

Judy Decker

P.S. Jeannie-- I am sending this to you so you feel a part of the
Getty list now.

---