Re: great art website for elementary......

---------

From: Patricia Knott (pknott_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jul 30 2001 - 14:26:52 PDT

Thanks Bunki
I've been testing my Power Point skills and developing similar kinds of
lessons myself, although on a little bit of a higher level.
I always tell "my stories" when presenting a work of art and encourage the
kids to make their own stories. Doesn't matter to me if the stories have
anything to do with the artist's stories, the fact that a story can be made
is what matters to me. Such a great opportunity to encourage creative
writing along with the "seeing."
For those of you that haven't looked yet - do, and for those of you with
computer skills consider how you could do something very similar with all
the favorite paintings you teach from.

Patty

>> INSIDE ART:
>> http://www.eduweb.com/insideart/index.html
>>
>> Follow along the story line to answer questions about
>> who, what, how, and where--of paintings and artists in
>> this interactive art history adventure.
>
> I'm forwarding this one to you elementary art teachers. It's a definite
> "must-see" for kids. It has a story about visiting a painting and answers
> "who, what, when, how" of that painting (Van Gogh). At the end is a little
> test the child can take to see if they understood the lesson. I personally
> think it's worthwhile to visit. Toodles....Bunki

---