Re: lascaux / cave paintings

---------

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jul 30 2001 - 04:23:35 PDT

<< Does anyone have a successful lesson plan that
 involves an art product related to cave paintings? >>

http://taospaint.com/StudentArt2000c.html

This page shows a couple of examples of a simple crayon resists I used
to do with sixth graders.

(Southwest Rock Art) It would work with cave paintings. After the
paintings dried each student got their own ready for display by tearing
"feathered edges" and gluing to construction paper and tearing again.
They then glued them to black construction paper for a neat finished edge.
The objective they were given was to make them look like old slabs of
cliff which had fallen down. They took it very serious. Many would wrinkle
and then smooth out the art or tear it in two as if broken. This is a 100%
success project / all go on display.
                                                                        Woody in KC

--
                       To respond to me privately via E-mail