NBPTS

---------

From: Jeryl W. Hollingworth (holl5_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jul 29 2001 - 19:21:46 PDT

The incentives vary from state to state and also within the states.
If you go to the site for NBPTS ( www.nbpts.org) there is a place where
you can look up the incentives of each state. If I pass (will find out
at the end of Nov.) I will get a $7,500.00 bonus a year for 10 years,
plus I will not have to take the 6 hours my state requires for
re-certification each 5 years, plus I will not have to be evaluated by
my district each year. That is my district-there are others in my state
(SC) who get en even bigger bonus. That's enough incentive for me. But
after completing the work I would have to say I feel like a better
teacher just because of all the self-evluation I did during the process.
It was worth all the hours and typing. The 7,500.00 won't hurt!
           Jeryl

---