lascaux

---------

From: Jayna Ledbetter (jayna_99_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jul 29 2001 - 17:59:18 PDT

Help me folks.
I am teaching a painting class to eighth graders and I
would like to take it from an art history approach.
Therefore, I would start with the cave paintings and
so on. Does anyone have a successful lesson plan that
involves an art product related to cave paintings? I
have 29 students in the class and not a whole lot of
room. I am planning to introduce the lesson with a
trip to the computer lab for internet search about the
caves. Thanks to Judith Decker it was easy to find
good cave painting sites. I've seen lessons involving
students bringing in rocks, but I thought, where would
I find a rock if someone asked me to, and I think that
would be a bit of a challenge. The crumbled paper bags
are too elementary. Suggestions please!

Jayna