seeking advice for tile project

---------

From: klmvisarts (klmvisarts_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jul 29 2001 - 16:41:56 PDT

hi everyone,

i inherited grant money and decided to do a tile project with my
kindergarteners. they were moved out of individual schools to an early
childhood center at the beginning of last year. every child in the school
(and staff as well) created a self portrait on a 6x6" tile that we purchased
ready to glaze. they are now being fired (about 370 of them!)

my question to you is about mounting them. we have learned that the school
will be moved within the next two years (it was an addition that will be
taken over by that population when a new site is built).

any ideas for temporary mounting- meaning that we could take it with us to
the new site? i've thought of framing and got a tile person to volunteer
helping us... of course it would have to be seperated due to the numbers...
anyone had any experience they can share?

i appreciate any advice you can offer,
kerry

---