Middle sch. noise levels

From: vranck
Date: Wed Aug 23 2000 - 09:30:28 PDT

    hello,
    i have just started doing something new with my middle school classes: when
    they come in (6-8) they have 10 minutes of total silence drawing, with
    classical music playing in the background. i keep all the work they are
    working on in a table folder. what's nice is you can accomodate all
    attention levels for the 6 week period (ie, the student can work on one
    drawing the entire 6 weeks or do a new one each day.) they are allowed to
    bring images from home, draw from still lifes, books etc. but the key words
    are draw and SILENCE!! if nothing else you have 10 mins. to enjoy the
    silence and they end up with a body of work at the end of the term!!! The
    silence is by far the best!!!!!!
    vicki

    Say Bye to Slow Internet!
    http://www.home.com/xinbox/signup.html