Re:paraplegic student

From: Dennis Morris (theartboss)
Date: Wed Aug 23 2000 - 05:52:32 PDT

    I've had many students such as yours. Can he move his
    feet and legs? I devised paint socks for several of
    my students and would allow them the opportunitie to
    create art. I've also made painting and drawing wands
    from baseball caps for students who have minimal head
    movement. There are wonderful technologies available
    that allow a student to use
    a laser beam to activate a computer. One of my
    students had suffered severe damage when thrown from a
    car. He could not speak, could not move arms or legs,
    and was very lovable. They ( tech. people ) were
    working on a computer program activated by the
    students tongue prior to his leaving our school at 21
    years of age. Check out the International Association
    of Foot and Mouth Painters for some inspiring folks.
    I had a twenty minute video produced by IAFMP that I
    shared with all classes. Unfortunately, I loaned it
    out and the video has disappeared.